In the last posts, you saw how to
- Start the Information Protection Process
- Classify your documents
- Protect your documents
- Block specific classifications to be sent by e-mail to other organizations
In this post, I will show you, how you can monitor the usage of the documents and revoke access to a document. In every document, which is protected you can access the monitoring page over the track and revoke button.
This will give you access to the RMS Track page, which will show you who has opened the document and from which location. You can also see, which user tried to open the document. As an administrator you can also see this information for all other users. You can switch to the admin console with the dark blue icon in the upper right corner.
At the bottom of the page you can also start revoking a document. So, if you would like to block al users from opening the document, then that is the way to go. If you have configured the offline usage in the RMS Template, then you will get a message like that:
From now, nobody can access the document. Only the owner will have access to the document.
I hope you learned a lot in this blog series. If you need help in your implementation, don’t hesitate to contact me
Latest posts by Thomas Kurth (see all)
- Active Setup is not Supported for Custom Use! Active Setup entries lost during Windows 10 Inplace upgrade! - July 6, 2018
- Allow changing Windows Language during device Enrollment - July 4, 2018
- Advanced publish of internal Webapp with specific Homepage to Internet with Azure AD Application Proxy - June 22, 2018